Valencia based photography studio seeks in house, experienced Photo Editor/ Retoucher who will be responsible for post production of print and digital files. Remote work is not an option.
The Capture It Collection specializes in gymnastics & dance photography, and children & family portraits.
We are looking for a detail oriented, Mac savvy photo editor to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of RAW files (Color correcting, straightening, dodging/burning, etc) in Light Room
- Detailed retouching in Photoshop: Blemish Removal, head swaps, white background removal while keeping highlight and fly-aways natural, background object removal
- Creating masks for color adjustments as needed
- Keeping studio monitor calibrated and ensuring consistent color across all images/ jobs
- Consistently enforcing brand and style across all jobs
- Prepping files for print and web delivery
- Gallery creation
- This position requires part time hours in our Valencia office. Remote work is not an option.
- Schedule is Tuesday and Wednesday 9-5 with possible Thursdays if needed
- Must send pdf of work samples (before and after) and/or link to online portfolio when applying
- Portrait image editing experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS5, CS6, or CC), proficient in Photoshop
- Technical knowledge of color profiles, color conversions and screen calibration software
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to take direction and execute accordingly
Preference will be given to those with a degree in photography/graphic design/equivalent major
Must have reliable transportation, a valid CA drivers license, and be available Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with possible Thursdays if needed.
Compensation ranges between $15-$23/hr depending on speed and quality of work.
Position to begin February 7, 2017
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Editor” in the subject line, and send pdf of work samples (before and after) and/or link to online portfolio