Sports Portraits: the experience
Before I was a photographer, I was an athlete. I was a gymnast. I was a coach. It is unique to this business, and I believe it’s important to offer the benefit of experience.
I spent 22 years [collectively] as a competitive gymnast, coach & program director at Verdugo, Golden State, and TRC Gymnastics. After dabbling in photography while studying abroad, I pursued a BA in Commercial Advertising Photography from Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara. When I enrolled, I had my sights set on the glitz and glamour of the fashion industry in NYC. Little did I realize my roots were firmly planted amongst the laughter of little kids, and the love of family. Thank goodness!
Since 2005, I’ve enjoyed pairing my passions (working with kids, travel, gymnastics & photography) and living a life that aims to bring happiness to others.
Wether you want to document the dedication your child has to the sport of dance or gymnastics, or simply the zest they have for life – with confidence, I can capture that for you. With confidence, I speak their language.
If your gym/dance studio is hosting a Capture It Sports ‘Picture Day’ event, you should totally sign up. Each 15 minute session is a fun, positive exploration of what your kids are working on in class. Team dancers/gymnasts LOVE being able to capture the skills they’ve put endless hours in to master. They LOVE seeing how high they really go, or how flexible they really are. I LOVE that when they see their images, they grow this wide eyed, giggling smile. Pre-School & Recreational Dancers/Gymnasts have fun running around in a comfortable environment. While they explore the ballet bar, beam, bars, trampoline and floor – we play games that allow me to capture their smiles and skill.
Watch this short video below – you’ll see how much fun EVERYONE has during a Capture It Sports photoshoot 🙂
a few details to keep in mind…
Individual pictures are separate from team/ group pictures.
I only capture individual pictures of athletes who are signed up for a specific time slot/session. Sign ups are available in the lobby of your gym/studio. Team ‘group’ pictures are typically offered during the same week, but are separate from ‘individual’ pictures. You do not have to sign up for the Team ‘group’ picture. You gym/studio will send out schedule information. If your child is on team, you will be pre-billed for an 8×10 Team Group picture. You will be notified by your sports program when your print is ready to pick up. If you would like individual pictures taken, make sure to sign up!
Individual Sport Portrait Sessions are complimentary.
I offer complimentary 15 minute sport portrait sessions, back to back on the days your gym/studio have scheduled. After your child’s session, you can view and order their pictures on site. When offering complimentary sport portrait sessions, I ask that you are just as excited to invest in your child’s pictures as we are to capture them. This allows us to continue offering the ‘sport portrait session’ on a complimentary basis.
Children can take pictures with their favorite friends and siblings!
This creates a fun and memorable experience! During the time alloted, I will capture pictures of them together and separate. Siblings should sign up for the same time slot. Friends should sign up for back to back time slots/sessions.
Children must be accompanied by a parent.
I’d like to meet you and make sure that you have all of the information needed. I will also have model releases for you to fill out and sign. If another adult will accompany your child, please let me know in advance. They should arrive with your signed model release, and be prepared to order products on your behalf -or- they should have a $100 check for your online proofing gallery.
Arrive picture ready, and ensure that you love every shot!
- Sport Picture Sessions are only 15 minutes. Arriving early ensures that I am able to utilize the entire 15 minutes to capture wonderful pictures of your child.
- Hair should be styled and neatly pulled back, out of their face… so we can see it 🙂
- Hands & feet should be washed.
- Stamps & markers should be removed, especially if your child is coming directly from class.
- Makeup: remember – a little goes a long way. Lip gloss, mascara and rosy cheeks look great!
There are two convenient ways to order Sports Portraits of your children. Before their session takes place, please decide which option is best for you.
- 1. Same day, on site ordering: I will have an on site ordering team available to help place your order directly after your child’s session. This gives you the ability to see products, ask questions, and take comfort knowing that you’re ordering exactly what you want. The ordering process should take no more than 15 minutes. You can familiarize yourself with the products we offer by clicking on ‘Sport Portraits: products’ in the above menu.
- 2. Purchase a proofing gallery: Are there other decision makers who would like to see the pictures before placing an order? Purchasing an on online proofing gallery gives you two weeks to view proofs and place the perfect order. There is a $100 print commitment due at the time of your childs session.
All orders are shipped directly to the shipping address provided.
For everyone’s convenience, I ship orders directly to you. Individual picture orders will not be available for pick up at your sports facility, unless it has been previously decided upon by your program.